Award Ceremony of the 8th edition, 18th November
On 18 November 2021, the Award Ceremony of the 8th edition of the Global Prize “Ethics & Trust in Finance for a Sustainable Future” took place, by Zoom.
It started with a Round Table “Does the focus on sustainability in finance make ethics redundant?” followed by a Keynote Address by Mairead McGuinness, European Commissioner for Financial Services, Financial Stability and Capital Markets Union.
See the full video of the Event here:
Mr. Paul H. Dembinski, co-President of the Jury of the Prize, opened the Ceremony welcoming the laureates, the members of the Jury and the keynote speakers.
Round-table discussion – Does the focus on sustainability in finance make ethics redundant?
Moderated by Josina Kamerling, Co-President of the Jury & CFA Institute, Brussels
Keynote Address by Mairead McGuinness, EU Commissioner for Financial services, financial stability and Capital Markets Union
The Award part of the Ceremony
The Authors of the winning papers are:
- Julie Segal (Canada), “Justice and Sustainability: Pricing in Physical Climate Risks”
Second ex-aequo Prizes
- Martin Lockman (United States of America), “Lenders as Monitors of Risk Devolution”
- Alina Mika (Poland), “The Ethics of Sustainable Investing”
Third ex-aequo Prizes
- Kelley Anne Hamrick (United States of America),”Shades of Green: Ethics in Net-Zero Financial Transition”
- Andrea Longton (United States of America), “Asymmetrical Access to Capital: Why Ethics Matters”