This is a teaser of the full webinar which can be watched below
There is a clear competition between private initiatives in digital payments and public authorities trying to regain control over payments. This trend raises a number of questions that are being discussed:
- What does the recent crash on crypto-market mean for the reliability of decentralized cryptocurrencies?
- Will central bank digital currencies make stablecoins redundant? How should public authorities regulate cryptoassets?
- How to safeguard consumer privacy while allowing potential traceability in payments?
- Tara Annison, Delivery Management Lead at Elliptic, and
- Monika Swaczyna-Pruchnik, member of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
Both, Tara and Monika, are Alumnis of the global Prize Ethics & Trust in Finance for a Sustainable Future, initiated and managed by the Observatoire de la Finance in Geneva.